- What Impedes Efficient Adoption of Products? Evidence from Randomized Sales Offers for Fuel-Efficient Cookstoves in Uganda. David I. Levine, Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, Carolyn Cotterman, and Andrew M. Simons. [forthcoming, Journal of the European Economic Association]. Paper
- Using Unobtrusive Sensors to Quantify and Minimize Hawthorne Effects: Evidence from Cookstoves. Andrew M. Simons, Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, and David I. Levine. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, (2017) 86: 68-80. Paper
- What is a Meal?: Comparative Methods of Auditing Carbon Offset Compliance for Fuel-Efficient Cookstoves. Stephen Harrell, Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, Juliet Kyayesimira, David I. Levine, and Andrew M. Simons. Ecological Economics, (2016) 128: 8-16. Paper
- The Effect of Marketing Messages and Payment Over Time on Willingness to Pay for Fuel-Efficient Cookstoves. Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, David I. Levine, and Andrew M. Simons. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, (2015) 118: 333-345. Paper
- Does Peer Use Influence Adoption of Efficient Cookstoves?: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial in Uganda. Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, David I. Levine, Andrew M. Simons. Journal of Health Communication, (2015) 20(S1): 55-66. Paper
- Comparing Methods for Signal Analysis of Temperature Readings from Stove Use Monitors. Andrew M. Simons, Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, and David I. Levine. Biomass and Bioenergy, (2014) 70: 476-488. Paper
- Filling the Phosphorus Fertilizer Gap in Developing Countries. Andrew M. Simons, Dawit Solomon, Worku Chibssa, Garrick Blalock, and Johannes Lehmann. Nature Geoscience, (2014) 7(1): 3-3. Media, Paper
- What is the Optimal Locus of Control for Social Assistance Programs? Evidence from the Productive Safety Net Programme in Ethiopia. Andrew M. Simons. International Food Policy Research Institute, Ethiopia Strategy Support Program Working Paper No. 86, (2016). Paper
Works in Progress
- The Effects of Fuel-Efficient Cookstoves on Fuel Use, Particulate Matter, and Cooking Practices: Results from a Randomized Trial in Rural Uganda. Theresa Beltramo, Garrick Blalock, David I. Levine, Andrew M. Simons.
- Impact Evaluation of a Satellite-Assisted Resource Management Tool for Pastoralists. Andrew M. Simons
- Indigenous Bone Fertilizer for Growth and Food Security in Ethiopia. Andrew M. Simons, Garrick Blalock, Bourcard Nesin
- Modeling Climate Smart Soil Health Investments with Uncertainty and Spatial Heterogeneity in Sub-Saharan Africa. Ellen McCullough, Julianne Quinn, Andrew M. Simons, Leslie Verteramo, Joshua Woodard
- Weather Shocks, Coping Strategies and Human Capital: Evidence from Indonesia. Andrew M. Simons, Brian C. Thiede, and Clark L. Gray.
- Willingness to Pay for a Novel Fertilizer Product: Evidence from Ethiopia. Bourcard Nesin, Garrick Blalock, Andrew M. Simons